Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Canning the magical food

I have been busy Canning! Like all my other blogger's I'm sure you know what I mean.
I have been doing it by myself. I'm not close to my family in AZ but that's OK I have learned a lot. I can say I trully appreciate my mom and grandma more now that I am on my own. I bottled 80 pints of apricot jam, 40 quarts of peaches, bagged frozen corn and now I'm going to be making pear sauce this week. It takes so much time but I love how I feel when I am done. Such and accomplishment especially if you can keep the kids happy and fed etc.
It's much harder to Bottle with kids than by yourself. Anyways just wanted to let you know what has been keeping us so busy lately!
Smiles make your day bright!!

3 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

Hey..I am so glad that you left a comment on my blog! I never knew you had a blog and with your new last name I would have never seen it. You are now on my list. Your kids are so cute!! And you look beautiful. You will have to let me in on your running secrets...I would love to actually like it somehow.

Aunt Tiff said...

you go girl!!! That is amazing! I too have grown a greater appreciation for my mother and grandmother! Never knew how hard it was!

Porter Prodigies II said...

Nice job! Maybe you should come teach me!!
The runner that you asked about, is my little sister, Bianca. She is living with us right now.